New Music: Wio K - 'Bout Wio'




#WioK is a music artist from East Scarborough, Toronto who is not new to the hip hop scene; he is one of many that reps the multi-talented collective known as the Mighty Monolith comprised of MC's, DJ's and producers; whom have been around since the late 90's. Wio-K released his solo debut album In Real Life in 2008 and just released an independent single 'Bout Wio', and is prepping to release more music for the masses. #MCMSTYLE is also preppin' for a future spotlight on this versatile artist....Right now, get up to speed with his talents and work.  Read more inside and watch the music video for Wio K's track 'Footloose' featuring Tasha Rosez....




In an interview with Earwaks Wio talks about how his Jamaican background and up-bringing is a main contributor to his craft, saying is difficult to separate the culture from his music. When asked if Reggae music has a big effect on him he said:

"Reggae has had a hardcore affect on me man. I grew up listening to it before I even heard hip hop. Reggae has had a crazy influence on my life. I think hip-hop actually got introduced to me by my uncle when he played 'The Freaks come out at night'. We were in the car driving around Parkdale he's like, "yeah this is funk". From then on, I was just thirsty. When I went out I got the Fat Boys, the Beastie Boys, LL Cool J, and the Cameo, and you know and it just grew from there."

Wio goes on to say: "The Caribbean influence that Toronto Hip Hop has is real deep, only because of the way we all grew up. The influence is there its an undeniable thing, you don't find a lot of cities where you'll find white guys talking Patois straight up, or a white guy saying "wha gwan", or a Indian man saying "breadrin wha gwan". I have to recognize the Caribbean Jamaican influence on my music let alone my life."

You can definitely hear the Jamaican influence on the track 'Footloose' featuring Tasha Rosez. Ms. Rosez is the selector of the dancehall sound system Gunz-n-Rosez out of Toronto.....FIYAH!


Wio-K - 'Footloose' Ft. Tasha Rosez




NEW MUSIC: Wio-K - 'Bout Wio'





Bonus: Kardinal Offishall (Ol' Time Killin') ft. Wio-K, I.R.S, and Jully Black (2001)





Wio-K - 'Sunlight' (1996)


1 comment: